About Basement RemodelingWhat you need to do first is to look at what’s most advantageous but is simultaneously in general demand. In other words, a basement conversion that has widespread appeal so it acts as a resale feature. So, you must avoid transforming it into something that’s over-personalized and over-customized or it will act as a big buyer objection.
Do you feel like your home is shrinking? Are the kids growing up and accumulating more stuff? Is your teenager demanding a room of his own? Has the college grad come back to the nest? Are you looking to provide room for an elderly parent or rent out space to help make ends meet? Regardless of the reason, the space solution may actually be right under your feet. —Bob VilaIn other words, if it’s over-personalized or customized to the hilt, there’s a really good chance it won’t impress potential buyers when it comes time to sell. For example, if you convert it into a room dedicated to your favorite sports franchise, it won’t have nearly as wide appeal if it was just transformed into a generic entertainment space.
San Leandro Basement ConversionText
- A functional utility space. A laundry room, with a small kitchen, plenty of additional storage is a great functional utility space that’s perfect for a large family. Or, convert it into a commercial kitchen space if you’re in the catering business. The point here is to provide function, not necessarily style.
- A fun game room. Families with children and adults who like to game will love a fun game room space. This doesn’t require a lot of reworking or new system installation. But, you can certainly add a bathroom and/or perhaps a mini corner kitchen.
- A full-sized apartment. Why not earn a bit of passive income from your basement? You can do so by converting the basement into an apartment. Depending on the size, it could be a studio apartment, one bed, one bath or even a two bedroom, 1-, 1 1/2- or 2-bath apartment.
- A media entertainment room. You can opt to make it into a media entertainment room, complete with a larger-than-life television, state-of-the-art sound and more bells and whistles. By soundproofing it, the basement becomes a real entertainment oasis that won’t disturb the rest of the house.
- A living and guest room. Another option is to transform the basement into a living and guest room or a guest suite. It’s great to give your guests privacy and provide them with all the comforts of home.