About Old Fitness Equipment DisposalLet’s face it, there are a number of ways to reduce household junk. But, this isn’t ordinary trash or something that people clamor for. Instead, old fitness equipment is stuck with a stigma. However, if it’s still in good, working condition, it doesn’t have to continue to take up space.
The staggering numbers [for old fitness equipment] are huge. Imagine the stuff that’s already out there in the world. In garages and storage facilities and athletic sheds. In the bottoms of closets. In schoolyards and backyards and junkyards. In gutters and sewer drains. No sense it letting it all go to waste. Pull your smock over your head, pop on your wacky cap and get to repurposing. —Bleacher ReportYou just have to look at what it’s still good for. In other words, if it’s in useable condition, there’s really no reason you’re stuck with it. After all, it does have some value. And, who knows, it might just be what someone else is searching for.
Old Fitness Equipment Disposal OptionsHere are five good old fitness equipment disposal options:
- Host a yard sale. Setup a garage or yard sale and price it cheap. If you do get interest, be sure to sweeten the deal by throwing something else in for free. Don’t skimp or you might lose the sale and be stuck with it.
- Go through a consigner. Another option is to sell it through a consignment shop. Or, a second-hand store. There’s probably a used sports equipment retailer in your area. So, use that as a conduit to get rid of it.
- Sell it out piece by piece. You can always try to sell the pieces individually. Furthermore, you could list each online separately. That’s another way to get rid of it and puts money in your pocket.
- Offload it as a cheap bundle. If you want to get rid of it quickly, sell it at a steal as a bundle. This way, you won’t have to fool with it for long. Plus, you’ll get a little cash in return.
- Give it away to a school or charity. Yet another option is to gift it to a school or a charity. If it is in good working condition, these organizations might welcome it as a donation.