Major Bathroom Gut and Remodel ComparisonRather than gut the space completely and redo it all over again, a project which averages $16,128, but returns $11,688, or, 72.5 percent, according to Remodeling magazine, you can make small changes. These will have a big impact on the look and feel of this multi-function space. And, bring a higher return on investment for a lot less money.
You dream about a bathroom that’s high on comfort and personal style, but you also want materials, fixtures, and amenities with lasting value. Wake up! You can have both. A mid range bathroom remodel is a solid investment, according to ‘Remodeling’ magazine’s annual ‘Cost vs. Value Report.’ —House LogicIn fact, a minor bathroom remodel is only a fraction of the cost. And, it doesn’t take nearly as long. (This is especially true if you plan to resell in a few years because you’ll recoup your investment.) But, it offers more since you can apply these strategic updates to more than one bathroom and still come out way ahead and way under cost of a total gut and rebuild.
Newport Beach Minor Bath Remodel Tips You can Use (JGR)Before you begin, you should have the cleaning supplies for the tile and grout because that’s where you’ll finish. Here are some helpful DIY minor bath remodel tips and tricks you can use:
- Replace the faucet. This is a very simple change that does a lot to remake the space. It seems like it’s trivial but it isn’t. Just by replacing the sink faucet, you’re transforming the space in a savvy way.
- Clean the grout. Okay, this one is quite labor intensive. But, it’s also worthwhile since it greatly improves the visual appeal of the space. Just clean the grout and it will definitely make a big difference.
- Change the bathroom floor rug. This accent piece is one that gets a lot of use and repeated washing takes its toll. Just by replacing this accent piece, you’ll give the space a little more style and a fresh look.
- Replace hand towels and guest soaps. Another subtle change with big impact is to replace the hand towels, the racks, and those dusty guest soaps.
- Re-caulk the sink and shower. You’ve probably noticed the sink and shower caulk looks a bit old and worn. You can re-caulk the sink and shower to fix that and make it look new again.