Hot Tub Junk RemovalThere ought to be enough room for you to get to the water and electrical connections. If you can disconnect the water supply and power supply, that’s nearly half the battle. The good new is, that you don’t have to worry about doing something wrong because it doesn’t work anyway. You should, however, take caution so you don’t accidentally damage your property. That will only cause more work for you, and, cost you money.
If you do not intend on giving away, reselling or simply moving your hot tub, the best way to go about removing a hot tub is simply to take a sawzall to it. It is safe to say, however, that the process is a little more complicated in nature than simply sawing the spa into bite-sized pieces. Here is a guide to removing a hot tub that you are no longer interested in. —Do It Yourself.comThe real trick for hot tub and spa junk removal is to get it disconnected and off your property. Even when completely drained, a hot tub isn’t something you can simply pickup and put in the back of a truck. You’ll need to take it apart entirely and that won’t be easy because of the way these are put together. Here are some helpful tips for how to disconnect and remove a hot tub from your property:
- Drain the hot tub. If the hot tub is full of water, drain it to make it easier to move later on after you’ve disconnected it. You might have to use a wet-dry vac to get out all the water.
- Disconnect the power supply. Turn off the power supply at the breaker and then remove the panel on the hot tub to disconnect the electrical cord. Disconnect the wiring from the hot tub and then disconnect it from the supply port.
- Disconnect the water supply. Using channel locks or a wrench, disconnect the water supply from the hot tub and from the supply. These can be very difficult to loosen and might cause the lines to break.
- Remove the skirt. The skirt is usually connected at the top and along the joints. You can use a drill-driver or screwdriver to unfasten the screws and then pull the skirt away from the hot tub.
- Take the hot tub apart. Now, you can begin to disassemble the hot tub. This can be a difficult task and might take a few hours to complete.