Upholstered Furniture Disposal ChallengesWhether you’re converting a guest room into a playroom or just want to replace the furniture piece, you’ll quickly discover there’s not much call for upholstered furniture of nearly any kind.
It is no secret that getting rid of [upholstered furniture] is difficult. Upholstered furniture may not find many takers, especially when it is damaged, torn, or stained. To think that once you paid good money for a piece of furniture that now seems to be of no interest to you or anyone else. Unfortunately, with the exception of leather, upholstered furniture can depreciate greatly with use. It is difficult to get rid of it even when you are not looking to make money. —The SpruceAt the very least, it’s not a hot item that people are clamoring for daily. That narrows your choices but it does mean you’ll pay hefty dump fees.
Healdsburg Upholstered Furniture Disposal OptionsAs you can see, there’s not much you can do. But, this doesn’t mean you’re stuck with that upholstered furniture. Here are some suggestions you can try out:
- Sell it. If it is in reasonably good condition, there’s nothing wrong with trying to sell it. But, don’t go for a big price or even market value. Price it really cheap, with the caveat the buyer must pick it up.
- Reuse it. Just because you no longer want it in one space doesn’t mean you can’t use it in another. Think about putting it in another room so you can continue to use it and this will save you the hassle of getting rid of it.
- Donate it. One way to go is to simply donate it to a local shelter, church, school, or other organization. This also has the benefit of a small tax write off.
- Give it away. You might well be a blessing to someone who is in need of furniture. It could be a young couple buying their first home to moving into a new space. Ask around to see if anyone wants it.
- Junk it. Should that old couch be in bad condition and not a candidate for resale, then you’ll have to offload it and do so legally. It’s best to just have a junk hauling service take it away.