Why Home Staging is So Very ImportantHere’s why home staging is absolutely necessary. It only takes people form an impression of home in just 7 to 10 seconds. Also, only 1 out of every 10 people can envision a space in another way than it’s presented. This means you must create an impression that’s a positive one and do so in a way that’s convincing.
If you want potential buyers to choose your property over that of the competition, home staging — the act of making a home look visually appealing to buyers — can make your house stand out from the crowd. That stronger perceived value often translates into a higher selling price. In a survey, real estate website HomeGain found that home staging resulted, on average, in a $1,780 price increase or a 586 percent return on investment. —Bankrate.comIn fact, home staging is so effective, there are plenty of statistics which clearly show staged homes sell in far less time than non-staged homes. Plus, staged homes often sell for more. Furthermore, staged homes sell more often for listing price or closest to asking price. Unfortunately, too many home sellers forego this powerful marketing strategy.
Best Stanton Home Staging Hacks You can UseYour goal is to make your home look as open and spacious as possible, this includes the cabinets, pantry, laundry room, garage, and closets. Here are some helpful tips on home staging decluttering:
- Purge all the junk. The very first thing to do is to remove all the junk. You’ve got to do more than just declutter here and there, all the junk must go. A good rule of thumb is to clear all closets down to about 30 percent full, leaving 70 percent empty. Cabinets should also be neatly organized with about the same amount of space.
- Get everything organized. Once the junk and clutter are cleared out, it’s time to fine tune the organization. This means every single room in the house and even the garage. When all spaces are organized, you’ll definitely see the difference.
- Depersonalize. A hard fact home sellers don’t like to face is that buyers are interested in the seller’s’ lives. They are only interested in their own lives. So, depersonalize each and every room.
- Put pets and pet items away. Far away is best, like at a family member’s house, a neighbor, coworker, or even board them. Pets are a big turnoff to buyers, not because they don’t like animals, but because of pet stains and damage.