The Reasons Why it’s so Hard to Dispose of Home Exercise Fitness EquipmentThe problem you face is the same predicament many others face when trying to get rid of old appliances. Used appliances aren’t considered very reliable, so there is little consumer demand. In other words, put yourself in the would-be buyers or recipient’s shoes. Would you buy someone else’s old exercise stuff?
The staggering numbers [for old fitness equipment] are huge. Imagine the stuff that’s already out there in the world. In garages and storage facilities and athletic sheds. In the bottoms of closets. In schoolyards and back yards and junkyards. In gutters and sewer drains. No sense it letting it all go to waste. Pull your smock over your head, pop on your wacky cap and get to repurposing. —Bleacher ReportIt’s simply not appealing to others because it’s considered unclean. People just don’t relish the prospect of working out on used equipment. However, this doesn’t mean you are totally stuck with all that exercise equipment.
Belvedere Home Exercise Fitness Equipment Disposal OptionsBut, if you’re ready to get rid of it, there are options available. Keep in mind some of these suggestions may not be viable. Here are some home exercise fitness equipment disposal options you can try out:
- Garage sale it. Now is a great time to do a big purge of your house and sell a bunch of junk. You can include that old fitness equipment and price it really cheap as a package so it sells fast.
- Go through a consigner. Another option is to sell it through a consignment shop. Or, a second-hand store. There’s probably a used sports equipment retailer in your area. So, use that as a conduit to get rid of it.
- Give it away. Yet another method is to forgo the whole selling attempt and instead opt to give it away with the sale of your house. Or, just spread the word it’s free to whoever will pick it up.
- Donate it to a local charity. If that exercise equipment is in good, usable condition, is to donate it to a local charity. Or, even a school might take it off your hands.
- Junk it. If it’s not in very good condition, you can’t simply put it on the curb. So, have a local junk hauler come and pick it up and take it away.