Safety PrecautionsWhen you’re doing any type of home improvement, safety should be at the very top of your list. It doesn’t matter how minor or even if you’ve done it many times before. Statistics show that even small jobs result in big disaster scenarios. And, even though this is a straightforward exercise, it does have its risks. For instance, you’ll be working with both plumbing and electrical wiring.
Do you have an old tired looking vanity in your bathroom? Well, changing out a bathroom cabinet style vanity can absolutely transform the look of your bathroom. Vanities today come with granite counter tops and beautiful contemporary or traditional designs and can be very well priced. —The SpruceEven if you do not experience bodily injury, you could easily cause property damage that just adds to the cost and time and effort. So, work methodically to ensure you’re doing it right every step of the way. If you exercise caution, you’ll enjoy a good experience and end up with wonderful results.
Bath Vanity Replacement in Punta GordaThe real trick with bath vanity replacement is to anticipate what is and what isn’t necessary. In other words, not creating more unnecessary work for yourself along the way.
- Empty the vanity. This might sound all-too-obvious but skipping it will only lead to problems. So, start by emptying out the vanity and clear the area around it, as well. Don’t leave anything in or around the vanity in order to avoid unnecessary issues.
- Turn off the electricity. The next step is to shut off the electricity to the nearby outlets (and/or the ones that are attached to the vanity itself).
- Shut off the water supply. Turn off the water supply next. (You’ll probably have to shut off the water to the entire bathroom, in most instances.)
- Cover the floor and remove the doors. Now, cover the floor around the vanity and then, remove the doors from the fixture. Place the doors outside the bathroom, out of the way of your walking path to and from the space.
- Extract the sink from the top of the vanity. Cut the seal around the sink and then you can disconnect the water supply lines, along with the drain, thereafter. Once the seal is cut and the lines are disconnected, you can pull the sink out of the vanity.
Once all those steps are done, it’s possible to remove the base from the space. Depending on the situation, you’ll be able to simply pull it up and out of place to remove it from the bathroom to install the replacement. When you need remodeling debris removal done in Punta Gorda, or anywhere, go ahead and phone 800-737-5923 or visit Junk Garbage Removal.