Minor Bathroom Remodel TipsThe good news is, you don’t have to be a master tradesman, or even have a complete set of contractor’s tools. All you need is a bit of imagination and a sprinkle of inspiration to get a great result. What you need most is to think about resale, so you don’t give into the temptation to over-customize. It should have plenty of style, along with a lot of function, to be worthwhile.
You dream about a bathroom that’s high on comfort and personal style, but you also want materials, fixtures, and amenities with lasting value. Wake up! You can have both. A midrange bathroom remodel is a solid investment, according to ‘Remodeling’ magazine’s annual ‘Cost vs. Value Report.’–House LogicFirst, you should start with decluttering the space as much as possible. Changes are excellent there is a lot of “stuff,” that’s accumulated in the vanity, towel closet, and other storage spaces, even on the floor and countertop. Be thorough and organize what you pick out into two piles: stuff to throw out and things to keep. Here are some minor bathroom remodel tips that you can use:
- Replace the faucet. This is one of the easiest home improvements you can do and it does a lot for style. If you are so inclined, you can take it a step further and replace the whole sink and change out the backsplash while you’re at it.
- Clean the tile and grout. Even though this isn’t exactly remodeling, your bathroom will have a whole different and clean look. Tile and grout become discolored over time and just by deep cleaning these, you’ll see a tremendous difference.
- Re-caulk around the sink and shower. Caulk prevents moisture from doing damage but it wears over time and begins to shrink and crack. Like grout, it can likewise become discolored, so, cut out the old and apply new caulk where it’s needed.
- Change the bathroom floor rug. This accent piece is one that gets a lot of use and repeated washing takes its toll. Just by replacing this accent piece, you’ll give the space a little more style and a fresh look.
- Replace hand towels and guest soaps. Just like the rug, the hand towels and guest soaps wear. Get new hand towels and guest soaps that go with the decor and you’ll see a big difference.