Why You should Start a Junk Removal CompanySo, why would you start a junk hauling business? Well, the answer is simple — to make money. But, there are other reasons to start a junk removal service. First, you’ll be your own boss. Second, you can set your own hours. Third, you get paid as soon as you complete the job. Fourth, you can earn more money than the average guy stuck in an office.
How to Start a Junk Removal BusinessIf you want to start a junk removal company, you certainly can. Particularly if you’re willing to put in the initial sweat equity. Then, scale it up. Here’s how to start a junk removal business of your own:
- Get some basic junk removal equipment. No, you don’t anything fancy. Just a truck (a trailer is also advisable) and some common hand and power tools.
- Dress the part. You’ll need work boots, heavy leather gloves, and work clothes. (Always show up looking presentable to each job.)
- Obtain insurance. Get a small amount of liability insurance. Also, check into local business licensing, you might need one.
- Start making contacts. Real estate professionals, property management services, local real estate investors, banks, credit unions. All of these are great examples.
- Take any and every job. Because there will likely be established, larger junk companies about, they’ll turn down business. Those are prime opportunities.