How to Make Extra Cash when You MoveYes. You can actually make money when you move. It really depends on how much you are willing to do and the amount of effort you can put into it. The best way to make money from a move is to take the opportunity to offload what others find valuable.
Eliminate as much trash as you can before moving day. Last-minute garbage will inevitably build up the day prior to and the day of loading. Try making a deal with a neighbor to use their trash container for your last-minute debris. Many items that are considered flammable are not going to be loaded by the driver and crew. Understand what these items are so that you are not stuck with trying to get rid of them on day of loading. —Moving.comIn other words, sell off as much as possible to not only cut down on what you need to move and to put some money back into your bank account. Take the time as you begin to pack and organize to identify what you no longer want and/or need. Do this at least a few weeks in-advance so you have time to sell it.
Top Alameda Moving Time Tips and TricksWhen it’s time to move, you’ll need an actionable plan. What’s more, you’ll need these helpful moving tips and tricks to get the most out of the experience:
- Get organized. Procrastination is a big mistake when it comes to moving. So, start getting organized as soon as possible. Clean out the garage, basement, attic, all the closets, cabinets, and more. Then, sort all the stuff into three categories: things that you’ll take with you, items to donate and sell, and stuff to throw out.
- Consume all frozen and non-perishables. The food in your freezer and pantry is among one of the long list of often overlooked items. Consume frozen food and non-perishables a couple of weeks before moving day and don’t add to them.
- Transfer or cancel subscriptions and memberships. Magazine, newspaper, gym, and other subscriptions and memberships will have to be transferred or cancelled. Because these can easily accumulate over time, it’s not usual for people to discover money wasters they just don’t think about.
- Obtain price quotes. If you’re not able to move totally on your own, and you need help, take the time to get at least three quotes from reputable moving services. Don’t just rely on the lowest quote, read these carefully to determine which is best.
- Schedule utilities to turn off and on. Of course, it’s always necessary to schedule utilities in advance so you have power, water, and more ready-to-go when you move into your new place.